Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Reply from Larry Baldock

Here is a letter I just received from LARRY BALDOCK - Kiwi party Leader

Below that is my REPLY to him today.

See my earlier post to read my initial letter to Larry.


*************

I don't know if you have noticed Graham, but the minority are taking away
the rights of the majority.

I would prefer the majority had some say in all this.

I am well aware that you believe everyone should be able to do as they
like, your theories are often revealed in the paper, and are always just as
ridiculous, unless you live all by yourself on a desert Island.

Our party is a staunch advocate of private property rights, Gordon Copeland
has tried to have that included in the bill of rights.

In any society where there are two or more people there will have to be some
decisions made by the majority.

Of course the majority should do their best
to respect the rights of the minority as best they can. It is not a perfect world, however and someone's rights are going to affected somewhere.

regards,

Larry Baldock
Party Leader
The Kiwi Party

www.thekiwiparty.org.nz

*********************


Thank you very much for your reply Larry, unfortunately you have only confirmed that you are an advocate of mob rule and brute force, and that you do not have any idea of the true meaning of the words property rights, and for somebody who thinks his party is a staunch advocate of property rights, you have me VERY CONCERNED!

*******
LARRY: "I don't know if you have noticed Graham, but the minority are taking away
the rights of the majority.
I would prefer the majority had some say in all this."

GRAHAM: Here in your first paragraph is where you prove my point.
Please explain exactly WHY or HOW, just because it is a majority it is RIGHT, and WHY they are entitled to take away the rights of the minority!
Please excuse the horrid example, but I wish to illustrate how your thinking, or lack of it, is incorrect:

On an island of 100 people, they have a vote whether it is OK to molest children, and 51 vote YES - does that make it OK?

Of course not

This is your MOB RULE in action is it not?

*************************

You may be as you say "well aware" of what I believe, but being AWARE, and actually UNDERSTANDING are obviously two different things. - The rights of the individual, and property rights are NOT as you put it RIDICULOUS - They are the two most important concepts available to human kind - once again, you prove you do not understand the meanings of these words.

I do not wish to take anything away from YOU, but YOU wish to take things away from ME (I am talking about RIGHTS here)
Please explain to me how what I believe is RIDICULOUS - I would really like to hear your theories on this!

**************************

You see there are two kinds of people:
Those who have opinions, and those who have ideas! - You appear to be of the former group. OPINIONS are like NOSES - everybody has one!
Opinions are acquired not through a principle, not through facts or scientific calculation, but through feelings, and what the majority think!

IDEAS are based upon research, facts, and sticking to basic moral principles

*****************

You stated the following "
LARRY: In any society where there are two or more people there will have to be some
decisions made by the majority. Of course the majority should do their best
to respect the rights of the minority as best they can. It is not a perfect
world, however and someone's rights are going to affected somewhere.:

GRAHAM: This is absolutely NOT TRUE Mr Baldock

This is how it is NOW, but it does not HAVE to be like that! Who says this is the ONLY way for adults to interact - mob rule, brute force and threats!

In a civilised society it would be much more moral to apply property rights, the rights of the individual, and common law principles. THAT WAY the only people who are unhappy, are those who wish to impose their opinions on others, which is an immoral concept.

The most UNCIVILISED thing one human being can do to another is to use FORCE upon them.

THIS is one of the ridiculous principles that I base my life and all my writing on.

Please explain to me how this is RIDICULOUS.

I think this is a very moral principle upon which to base my interaction with other human beings! How is your opinion of mob rule, followed by FORCE and THREATS more moral? - I would be very interested to read your opinion on this!


Thanks for your time Larry - my initial letter to you was simply to point out your lack of understanding (or CHOSING to ignore) the meaning of the concepts of property rights and individual rights, and if you are campaigning on these topics, you really should be better informed

**************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home